Being involved in a car wreck is one of the more stressful, confusing and painful situations you may ever experience. An experienced auto accident lawyer can help you deal with an insurance company to ensure that you are justly compensated for all damages, both present and future, that you deserve.
Recovering Damages from an Auto Accident
In Tennessee, some of the damages for which you can recover are the following:
- Lost Wages: If you were injured in an automobile accident you probably missed some time from work due to doctor’s visits or injury. You are entitled to lost pay, overtime work or possibly lost contracts based on your type of employment. There are also times when a victim sustains serious injuries that will greatly reduce his/her future income and earning capacity, for which they are recoverable.
- Medical Expenses: You are absolutely entitled for any and all past medical bills. You are also entitled to any future medical expenses that may be necessary. For instance, we have clients that will need plastic surgery to help reduce scarring following an automobile accident. Unfortunately, for cosmetic reasons, the doctor believed it would be best to wait to perform the surgery a few years later. Therefore, our client was compensated for the cost of this future surgery so that it can be performed when the time is right.
- Loss of Consortium: If you are married at the time of your accident and suffer injuries that would prevent you from doing you normal household duties (e.g. taking care of your children, household chores, etc.) then your spouse may be entitled to a monetary settlement for Loss of Consortium.
- Property Loss: You may also be compensated for the total loss of your vehicle or for an amount necessary to fix your car. The insurance companies, once liability is accepted, are to place you in a rental vehicle for a reasonable amount of time while your car is being repaired. There are also instances when an individual sustains a loss of personal property that was located in the car at the time of the accident. You will need to take an inventory of any lost personal items and present it to the insurance company for review.
- Pain and Suffering: Obviously, the general public is well versed and aware of the phrase “pain and suffering.” This is related to general damages that are recoverable and paid by an insurance company for the overall pain and suffering you sustained as a direct result of you automobile accident and your recovery process.
- Emotional Distress: It is not uncommon for a person to experience emotional distress and mental trauma following a serious accident or incident. We have seen numerous case where young children involved in an accident experience nightmares and anxiety for many months following the event. It is sometimes necessary that an individual seek professional counseling to cope the mental stress and anxiety after a horrific accident.
It is of the utmost importance that you contact an experienced, local lawyer in Memphis to explore every avenue of compensation related to you injury claim. The Chiozza Law Firm has a vast amount of knowledge and resources to help our clients maximize their recovery.
Contact a Memphis Attorney
Call 901-526-9494 to speak with an attorney or feel free to email Brian Chiozza, email@example.com, for immediate assistance. You may also contact us by filling out our online form. There are no fees or costs unless we make a recovery for you.