• Watch our video
  • 901.526.9494
  • Text Us
  • Search


Can You Collect Damages After A “Minor” Auto Accident?

Can You Collect Damages After A “Minor” Auto Accident?

Large economic damages are usually reserved when a client sustains significant injuries following a severe auto or trucking accident. Many people believe that damages are only reserved for serious auto collisions, but that is not always the case. Even “minor” auto accidents that result in lower property damages can cause injuries and economic hardship.

What Qualifies As A Minor Auto Accident?

Some examples of “minor” auto accident damages include the following.

Property Damage

Once you are able to establish that your accident was due to another driver’s negligence you can then file a claim with his/her auto insurance carrier. Insurance should cover all damages related to an auto accident, including minor property damage. Whether this involves minor bumper repair or repainting damaged areas, the insurance company should pay for fixing the damage and providing a rental car or alternative transportation while the work is being completed.


Even minor auto accidents can result in back injuries, headaches, bruising, or whiplash. If you are feeling physical discomfort following a “minor” auto accident it is still best to take precautionary measures and seek a consultation with your primary care physician or a qualified medical professional. There are times when someone involved in ana accident does not feel discomfort until days after the accident. Even these injuries should be properly diagnosed. The medical bills related to such injuries should be covered by the at-fault parties insurance carrier or your own uninsured motorist insurance coverage.

Lost Wages

The time and money you missed for medical treatment or accident-related issues should be covered by insurance.

Pain and Suffering

Even “minor” accident claims can result in pain and suffering. For instance, we have seen cases wherein the property damage was under $1,000, but the injured party sustained a herniated disc in their back. Obviously, this resulted in large economic damages for medical expenses and pain and suffering.

Out of Pocket Expenses

Even “minor” auto accidents can present out of pocket expenses such as obtaining reports, medications, or replacement of personal items damaged in the accident. Again, the insurance company should be responsible for such damages.

How Chiozza Law Can Help With Minor Auto Accidents

The Chiozza Law Firm has a long history of representing injured parties in serious and minor auto accidents. We have been successful in helping clients recoup economic damages of all types resulting from auto, motorcycle/bicycle, bus, trucking, and pedestrian accidents. We specialize in auto accident claims, no matter how big or small. Don’t hesitate, call (901) 526-9494 for a free consultation. You may also email Attorney Brian Chiozza, brian@chiozzalaw.com, text us at (901) 545-9390 or fill out an online form here.



For more, visit The Chiozza Law Firm, on Facebook and on Twitter.

www.901Law.com, the Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!



This Blog/Website is made available by the Lawyer or Law Firm Publisher for educational purposes only, as well as to give you information and a general understanding of the law. It is not to provide you with specific legal advice. By reading this blog, you understand there is no attorney/client relationship between you and the Blog/Website Publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.

Posted by Brian Chiozza at 3:04 PM
Share |
Text Us

Please answer the simple math question below to submit the form.
2 + 2 =