If you are a Mid-South resident living in Shelby County, Germantown, Bartlett, or Millington, there are several important phone numbers we believe all people should have close by, especially in the case of an emergency. Whether you have been in an auto accident, need to contact the city about cleanup, or have a loved one who may have found themselves on the wrong side of the law, we hope these numbers will serve as a valuable, time-saving resource for our readers.
We believe emergency fire and police services are the most important contacts to have nearby, but remember in the case of a life-threatening situation please call 9-1-1 first.
- Memphis Police – 901-545-2677 (COPS)
- Memphis Fire – 901-458-8281
- Shelby County Sheriff – 901-379-7625
- Shelby County Fire – 901-222-8010
- Bartlett Police – 901-385-5555
- Bartlett Fire – 901-385-5533
- Millington Police – 901-872-3333
- Millington Fire – 901-386-1728
- Germantown Police – 901-754-7222
- Germantown Fire – 901-754-1414
- Collierville Police – 901-853-3207
- Collierville Fire – 901-853-4866
If you have been involved in an auto-accident, please contact the following:
- 911 if there are injuries
- 901-545-2677 (COPS) or the Traffic Desk at 901-636-4679 to report an accident
- To obtain the report after an accident contact Central Records at 901-636-3650.
To learn more about the importance of making and obtaining an accident report, click here. For the common mistakes to avoid after an auto accident, read here. For general information on handling and settling automobile liability claims, visit www.901Law.com or go here.
Speaking of accidents, there is relief when your vehicle is damaged by a pothole or area maintained by the City of Memphis or State of Tennessee. Please note that as of July 1, 2018 the City of Memphis no longer handles pothole damage claims as they are now the responsibility of the Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOT). For more information or to file a pothole related claim, call TDOT at 901-578-4399. For other general services information in the Memphis area, you may use the following numbers:
- Dial 311 from your cell phone for general information and services related to Memphis
- Mayor Strickland – 901-636-6000
- MLGW – 901-544-6500 (for outages)
Unfortunately, it is a reality that you or someone you know has probably made a mistake and been arrested or issued a citation or speeding ticket. The following list of numbers can usually help you through the process:
- General Jail Information – 901-222-4700
- Downtown Jail (Men) – 901-222-4830
- Jail East (Women) – 901-222-6600
- Sessions Criminal Court – 901-222-3600
- Citizens Dispute – 901-222-4013
- Traffic Violations – 901-636-3450
Above all else, we believe having an attorney who is always there to answer your legal questions and provide advice is of the utmost importance. The Chiozza Law Firm and www.901Law.com is a family owned and operated local law firm that has been proudly serving the Memphis and Shelby County area for over 60 years. We believe Memphis is a wonderful place for families and businesses alike- a community unlike any other in the United States. Like all cities, we are not without problems. However, we believe the future is brighter than ever for the Memphis and the Mid-South area. The Chiozza Law Firm looks forward to being the local law firm Memphians turn to for quality legal advice and representation for a reasonable fee. There is nothing we enjoy more than humbly serving each and every Memphian in their time of need. Call 901-526-9494 for all your legal needs.
SPEAK TO A LAWYER
For more updates, visit The Chiozza Law Firm Home or follow on Facebook and Twitter
Your901Law.com, the Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!
Your City. Your Life. Your901Law.