With a significant winter storm bearing down on the Mid-South, auto accidents will certainly be on the rise. During emergency weather situations the Memphis Police Department (MPD) will enact their inclement weather policy for anyone involved in an auto accident. The inclement weather policy is for auto accidents where there are NO injuries, drugs/alcohol are not involved and all vehicles are drivable from the scene. Rather than calling the police for assistance, it is advised that you do the following after an auto accident.
How To Handle Inclement Weather Accidents
- The involved drivers should exchange information, including insurance information, phone numbers, addresses, and vehicle information.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, including pictures of the vehicles and surrounding area.
- If a witness does happen to stop, get their relevant contact information.
- Within (5) business days of the accident, all involved drivers should contact the nearest Memphis Police Station to advise them of the accident.
- At this time the appropriate officer will complete a Non-Investigated Crash Report (NIR). This report can be used to assist insurance companies to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently. For a list of important phone numbers all Memphians should have on hand please click here.
Get An Accident Report
We constantly stress the importance of obtaining an accident report, and this includes those times when the inclement weather policy is in place. Trust me, obtaining a Non-Investigated Report is better than having nothing at all. Many times we have seen insurance companies deny a claim that occurred during inclement weather because there was no report.
Call Chiozza If You’re In An Accident
If you have been involved in an auto accident, call an car accident attorney at The Chiozza Law Firm for immediate assistance. With all of the uncertainty involving the weather and pandemic, we are striving to make it as easy as possible to contact an attorney. If our offices are closed due to bad weather, you can still obtain a free consultation or update by using the following numbers:
Looking for An Attorney?
For new legal matters feel free to text a member of The Chiozza Law Firm at (901) 545-9390 or (901) 550-4418 or call the office during normal business hours at (901) 526-9494 to leave a message and someone will get back to you.
For additional information on a pending auto accident or personal injury claims please call the office at 901-526-9494 and leave a message, or email Attorney Brian Chiozza, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mark Chiozza, email@example.com.
For criminal court cases or new arrests please contact Attorney Brian Chiozza, firstname.lastname@example.org, or text (901) 550-4418.
While the snow may look beautiful, it can cause some very ugly accidents. Please be safe out there, and if you must travel please use extreme caution and stay patient.
SPEAK TO A LAWYER
For more, visit The Chiozza Law Firm, on Facebook and on Twitter.
www.901Law.com, the Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!
This Blog/Website is made available by the Lawyer or Law Firm Publisher for educational purposes only, as well as to give you information and a general understanding of the law. It is not to provide you with specific legal advice. By reading this blog, you understand there is no attorney/client relationship between you and the Blog/Website Publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.