Following an auto accident, things can be very hectic for the client, family members, friends, and business associates. Clients are often so shocked that they were in an accident that they often tend to lose sight of the day-to-day tasks going on around them.
The personal injury attorneys at The Chiozza Law Firm understand exactly what people go through following an accident, and more importantly, how to assist them each step of the way to ensure our clients are justly compensated for all damages they have sustained. While your attorney will answer all of your questions and expertly advise you of your legal rights and options, we also rely on the assistance of our clients during the claims process to benefit both the client and your attorney.
What is a Personal Injury Journal?
One simple way a client can assist his/her attorney following an auto accident is by keeping a personal injury journal. A personal injury journal is a way for each client to document anything and everything they remember about the accident and the impact it had on their lives. This journal will provide accurate details of certain aspects of your injury claim that can assist your attorney later in the legal process should you not remember certain details.
For example, your personal injury journal can contain just some of the following information:
- Details of the auto accident, such as witness information and photographic evidence.
- Injury Information – Keeping a journal entry of each doctor’s appointment will assist your attorney in obtaining a full set of medical records and bills to submit to the at-fault party’s insurance carrier.
- A journal of how you are feeling each day and how you are progressing during the healing process will assist your attorney in properly explaining to an insurance adjuster the seriousness of your accident and the related damages.
- Work History – Any days missed from work will need to be documented, along with any lost wages or loss of income related to the accident.
- An entry related to the impact the accident had on your family life is always helpful. Auto accidents can place a great strain on family relationships and marriages. Your spouse can present a claim for loss of consortium in Tennessee if he/she had to undertake most of the household duties while the client recovered from accident related injuries.
Along with keeping your attorney updated on any new contact information or mailing addresses, a personal injury journal will provide your local Memphis injury attorney with additional information that can only help to maximize the value of your claim. Completing a personal injury journal may seem like a lot of trouble, but no matter how short or long, your journal will help during the claims process and any potential litigation.
Call The Chiozza Law Firm for Assistance
The Chiozza Law Firm has been assisting victims of auto accidents in Memphis for decades. We routinely obtain large settlements and verdicts for those that have suffered traumatic and life-threatening injuries due to the fault of a negligent driver. We have done so while maintaining a reasonable and fair fee structure that we believe benefits the client. We trust that our fee structure for auto accidents is lower than most law firms, ensuring that the client is justly compensated.
We always ask that you consult with multiple attorneys before choosing your legal representative. We are so confident in our experience, attorneys, and fee arrangement that you will choose our services after your confidential and free consultation. Allow us to be your voice if you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident,. Call 901-526-9494 to discuss your legal claim or email Brian Chiozza for immediate assistance. We do not take a fee unless we are successful in making a recovery.
SPEAK TO A LAWYER
901Law.com, expert legal representation for a reasonable fee. The Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!