If you have been charged with a felony or misdemeanor in Memphis, Shelby County, TN then you probably have a million questions that need to be answered prior to your scheduled court date. If you have never been to 201 Poplar to face criminal charges in Memphis, TN then you are probably feeling confused, anxious, scared, and overwhelmed. While that is completely understandable, having the right criminal defense representation, and knowing the following tips can help things out.
- Always consult with a criminal defense attorney prior to your court date. Either you or a family member should meet with a knowledgeable attorney who can tell you what to expect when going to court. The Chiozza Law Firm always offers free and confidential consultations and reasonable fee arrangements.
- Arrive at the courthouse located at 201 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103. If you were given a misdemeanor citation then you will probably need to go to booking and processing the same day, but prior to the scheduled court setting. To learn more about booking and processing in Tennessee click here.
- Otherwise court in Memphis, TN usually begins at 9:00 a.m. It is best to arriver early as there can sometimes be a line to get into the building.
- Dress appropriately. It is best to understand that this is a legal proceeding and should be treated with the utmost respect. An easy way to get on the bad side of a judge or prosecutor is to show up dressed inappropriately. A good rule of thumb is if you would wear it to church you can wear it to court.
- Don’t show up with a bad or argumentative attitude. We all know that going to court is inconvenient and sometimes unfair but showing up in a cooperative manner will assist your case. If you want to be argumentative, then let your attorney speak for you. After all, that is why you pay for representation. Let the attorney say the things you would like to be said.
- Prepare ahead of time and take care of any personal or work obligations you may have. You should always prepare to have someone watch over your family obligations and notify your work of your potential absence ahead of time. Your attorney or the court can always provide you with a work excuse if necessary.
To learn more about the criminal court process in Memphis, TN, click on one of the following links:
Chiozza Can Help You
If you or a loved one have been charged with a crime in Memphis, TN, or the Mid-South area, then you cannot afford to go to court alone. If you would like to speak with a Memphis criminal defense attorney at The Chiozza Law Firm for a free consultation you may call (901) 526-9494, email Attorney Brian Chiozza, email@example.com, or text us at (901)550-4418. You may also visit the office during normal business hours, no appointment necessary, conveniently located one block from 201 Poplar. All consultations are free and confidential.
SPEAK TO A LAWYER
For more, visit The Chiozza Law Firm, on Facebook and on Twitter.
www.901Law.com, the Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!
This Blog/Website is made available by the Lawyer or Law Firm Publisher for educational purposes only, as well as to give you information and a general understanding of the law. It is not to provide you with specific legal advice. By reading this blog, you understand there is no attorney/client relationship between you and the Blog/Website publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.