All over the City of Memphis it appears new bicycle lanes are being installed on every side street. These lanes provide a safe riding lane for those that tend to travel around Memphis on their bicycles. While these dedicated bike lanes do add an extended area of protections, accidents unfortunately still occur daily. Because these accidents typically involve and automobile and a cyclist, the damage can sometimes be catastrophic. These accidents are usually due to distracted driving, road rage or speeding.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident in Tennessee, you should always compile the following information to ensure you are properly compensated for any related damages:
- Police Report – We can’t stress this enough, but just like an automobile collision, you should also have the police come to the scene and file an accident report for bicycle accidents. The report will document the facts of the accident along with any relevant statements, whether from the involved parties or witnesses.
- Witness Statements – As mentioned above, taking a statement of fact, and getting contact information from any witnesses will allow you and your attorney the ability to present such statements to the insurance company for the at fault party. These statements will go a long way in making sure your claim is favorably resolved.
- Camera footage – Many of these bicycle accident claims occur in neighborhoods or congested intersections. When a bicycle accident occurs in a neighborhood you may be able to obtain video doorbell footage of the actual accident. If your accident occurred in an intersection there may be available footage from a city camera.
- Photos – Always use your phone or camera to take photos of the accident scene, especially before moving the involved bicycle or involved vehicle.
- Medical records and damages- An experienced personal injury attorney can assist you in obtaining the medical records related to your accident. We also recommend that each client keep track of all expenses they have incurred that are directly related to the accident in question. Once your medical treatment is complete and your attorney can submit all records to the insurance company for review to settle your claim
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident in the mid-South, call (901) 526-9494 to speak with an attorney at The Chiozza Law Firm. We can immediately begin investigating your claim and assist in obtaining all the above-listed documents. We will try to eliminate the stress and headache of a legal claim so you can concentrate on the healing process. For a free consultation email Attorney Brian Chiozza, Brian@chiozzalaw.com, or text us at (901) 545-9390.
SPEAK TO A LAWYER
The Chiozza Law firm has years of courtroom experience in handling all types of misdemeanor and felony charges, including driving offenses, drug charges, theft of property, passing bad checks, and many other felony matters.
For more, visit The Chiozza Law Firm, on Facebook and Twitter, or
www.901Law.com, the Memphis Law Firm for all your legal needs!
This Blog/Website is made available by the Lawyer or Law Firm Publisher for educational purposes only, as well as to give you information and a general understanding of the law. It is not to provide you with specific legal advice. By reading this blog, you understand there is no attorney/client relationship between you and the Blog/Website publisher. The Blog/Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.