Personal Injury LAW
Bus Accident Attorneys
Located in Memphis, TN
If you drive around the city of Memphis, you are sure to pass a MATA bus transporting residents to work and around town. With traffic congestion and an increasing population, the use of public and private transportation services are on the rise.
Passenger claims for those injured on bus services or ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft are similar, but sometimes they require the experience and knowledge of a Memphis attorney familiar with commercial insurance claims and public transportation claims.
If you are a passenger on a bus, whether public transportation or a privately owned vehicle, you should follow these steps after the accident:
- If injured, seek medical attention from the attending emergency technicians and follow up with emergency room care or an examination with your primary care physician.
- If you are not seriously injured, you should obtain the bus driver’s information and ensure that a report is made with the company. This applies even when the driver of the bus you were riding on is not at fault.
- Provide your contact information to the investigating officer so that you are listed as a passenger on the bus at the time of the accident.
- If you believe the other vehicle was at fault, you should provide a statement to the investigating officer relaying what you witnessed.
- Following the accident and medical treatment, obtain a copy of the accident report (or allow a member of The Chiozza Law Firm to obtain one for you). Getting a copy of the accident report is critical.
- Most importantly, stay calm. Accidents happen and are all too common, so let the police and emergency medical technicians do their job to ensure everything is handled correctly.
As with any auto accident, trucking accident or bicycle/motorcycle claim, bus accident matters can present a host of issues and problems. First and foremost is determining fault, which your attorney can help establish by obtaining video footage from cameras mounted to the bus.
Your attorney should investigate and determine who the owner of the bus is and who their insurance carrier is so that a claim can be presented. We can also have a qualified investigator or expert examine the bus and maintenance records to determine if it was functioning properly.
Lastly, we always look at the bus operators driving history, both on and off duty, to see if he/she has been involved in prior accidents or received other moving violations. After all, the small details of any investigation can be the difference is a successful and denied claim.
Other issues that arise are related to injuries and damages. Individuals involved in bus accidents – even as passengers – and tractor-trailer claims typically sustain serious injuries. Mounting medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and long-term rehabilitation can be overwhelming. Let The Chiozza Law Firm worry about the legal issues of your claim so you can devote your time to healing and getting things in your life back to normal.
If you or a loved one have been injured as a passenger on a bus or involved in a bus related accident you need expert representation from a qualified accident attorney in Memphis. The Chiozza Law Firm has years of experience dealing with wrongful death claims and catastrophic injury matters.
We also offer some of the lowest fee arrangements available because we believe you as the accident victim should be justly compensated for your injuries, not your attorney. After all, you’ve been injured once, don’t get hurt again by your attorney.
Contact an Attorney Today