PERSONAL INJURY LAW
Personal Injury Attorneys in Memphis, TN
Unfortunately, accidents happen every day in Memphis and surrounding areas, and with each accident comes the headaches, anxiety, and confusion of how to proceed following such an incident. The Chiozza Law Firm has been handling personal injury related cases for many years across Memphis and the Southeast. For every personal injury case we handle, each member of our family will participate and have a hand in seeing that you have a team working for you at all times during the legal process.
Contact an Attorney Today
When you are injured or your property is damaged due to someone’s act or failure to act, you are a victim of personal injury and may be entitled to financial compensation under the law.
Personal Injury Areas of Practice
Some of the most common types of personal injury include:
- Automobile and Motorcycle Accidents - If you’re in a car accident, an experienced attorney can help you reclaim losses for recovery time and medical bills.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - If you fall while someone else’s property, insurance companies are prepared to defend premise liability claims. Hire an attorney to make sure you’re getting what you’re owed.
- Workplace Accidents - These accidents happen every day. Make sure you have an experienced lawyer at your back so you can focus on recovery, rather than worrying about work.
- Wrongful Death - Losing a loved one is never easy. It’s emotional and traumatic, which is why having an attorney on hand to help guide you through the possible scenarios involving death as the result of negligence.
- Nursing Home Abuse - If you discover that one of your loved ones is suffering at the hands of a nursing home or other care facility, don’t wait to act. Contact us today.
- Bus Passenger Accidents - On the whole, buses are safe and affordable ways to travel. But when accidents occur, focusing on your health should be your number one priority, not insurance claims, and court dates.
- Dog and Animal Bites - Dog is man’s best friend. But even animals have bad days. If you’ve been bitten or attacked by an animal, contact one of our experienced attorneys.
- Fire and Burn Injuries - Fire and burn-related injuries are painful and can be both physically and emotionally disfiguring. You may be entitled to damages like pain and suffering and medical expenses.
- Infant and Child Injuries - When our children are hurt, we hurt. If you’ve experienced the injury or death of a child due to a negligently designed product or service, we’re here to help.
- Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries - Becoming incapacitated due to the actions of another is devastating and can affect your whole life. Learn how we can help while you focus on recovery.
Regardless of the nature of your personal injury, our family of attorneys is dedicated to protecting your legal rights and ensuring you receive full monetary compensation for your injury. Before we can file a personal injury claim on your behalf, we need to confidentially discuss the details of the accident and review important documents.
What is Personal Injury and When Does it Happen?
Usually, a personal injury occurs following a car accident, and unfortunately, the other driver’s insurance company is more concerned about their bottom line than your welfare. We have years of experience in Memphis and around the Mid South dealing with insurance companies, and we fight to ensure that you are treated fairly and receive a fair settlement or court verdict. Shortly after an auto accident, insurance companies often record your statement, interview witnesses, and send experts to evaluate the accident scene before the evidence disappears.
Time is of the essence following a personal injury, and it is important to immediately discuss your matter with an experienced personal injury attorney who can provide assistance on how to proceed with the insurance company or the at-fault party.
The phone call and initial consultation are free. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if you get paid.
PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS CAN BE COMPLICATED
Due to our years of experience, we understand how to build your case to ensure the best possible result for you. Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining a just and fair settlement or conducting a trial
- Coordinating and negotiating with insurance companies
- Interviewing witnesses
- Assisting you with obtaining medical treatment
- Obtaining medical records and bills from all health care providers
- Hiring investigators to gather important physical evidence
- Helping to ensure that your damaged vehicle is repaired
There are many kinds of compensation that can be garnered as the result of a personal injury suit.
- Punitive damages are awarded if extreme negligence can be proven. These are damages awarded in an attempt to make the plaintiff whole.
- Medical damages are awarded and usually include the cost of doctor’s bills associated with an injury.
- In the case of income damages, you may be entitled to compensation for not only the salary that you lost as a result of your injury but also for future wages you would no longer be able to collect on as a result.
- Property loss damages are awarded if personal belongings like a car, furniture, or even clothing are lost as a result of your personal injury case.
For more information on the kinds of damages you may be entitled to, reach out to one of our experienced personal injury attorneys today.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
Typically, there is a statute of limitations that applies to a personal injury case based on state. In TN, an injured party may seek compensation and damages as far out as a year. However, the sooner you decide to file a lawsuit the quicker we can help you on the road to financial recovery. You may even help someone else avoid injury in the future by holding the offending party responsible.
Does My Situation Qualify?
If you are injured in a car accident, slip and fall on someone else’s property, are bitten by an animal, or hurt by an unsafe product, you may qualify for a personal injury lawsuit. These are just a few examples of instances in which you may seek out a personal injury lawyer. By calling the Chiozza Law Firm you can get a free consultation to determine whether or not you may be entitled to damages due to an injury.
Need Help With Your Personal Injury Claim or Settlement?
Sustaining a personal injury is not only physically painful; it can be emotionally traumatizing as well. Placing your trust in the family members of The Chiozza Law Firm will give you some peace of mind as we work towards obtaining the financial compensation you deserve under the law.
Contact The Chiozza Law Firm in Memphis at 901-526-9494 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Contact an Attorney Today