Personal Injury LAW
Located in Memphis, TN
Large size and heavy weight truck's are capable of having serious and perhaps lethal outcomes for other motor vehicles involved in an accident. Seeking medical attention following a truck accident needs to be your main concern, followed by seeking the services of a skilled trucking accident attorney to begin the task of obtaining compensation from liable individuals.
In the event that you've been injured or lost someone you care about as a result of trucking accident, The Chiozza Law Firm will be able to aggressively protect your legal rights. We have a comprehensive knowledge of the laws regulating truck drivers on the highway and roads.
The Chiozza Law Firm can evaluate if the driver violated Hours of Service regulations, did not safely secure their load properly, or perhaps broke rules of the road. Our legal staff will additionally investigate truck owners, trucking companies, along with other parties to determine whether or not they could be somewhat responsible for the accident.
Just like automobile collisions and motorcycle accidents, many truck accidents share the same root cause.
MOST COMMON TRUCKING ACCIDENT ISSUES
- Mechanical malfunction
- Overloaded 18 wheel trucks
- Tire blowouts
- Driving too fast
- Following too closely
- Braking problems
- Driving under the influence
- Driver cell phone use
- Bad driving behavior
- Failure to yield right of way
WHAT DAMAGES CAN YOU RECOVER?
Truck accident damages come in all forms and you need to be aware of each so you can recover the compensation you need after an accident in Memphis. Our truck accident lawyers are ready to guide you through your case and help you recover the following damages:
- Property loss/damage: truck accidents typically result in significant damage to property, which means you need compensation to replace or repair your property. Insurance companies are to assist you with property loss/damage and we work to guarantee those companies follow through on their coverage.
- Medical expenses: if you’re hurt during a truck accident in Memphis, then we’ll assist you in recovering the money you need for medical bills, including current treatment and future treatment. Remember, you absolutely need to be evaluated following the truck accident to guarantee accurate records and documentation of injuries you sustained. Then we can file for the exact compensation you need and you won’t be left paying out-of-pocket.
- Lost wages: if the truck accident leaves you unable to work for a period of time, then you need to recover compensation for that amount of time you miss work. Most employers assist employees during this time, but there are times when we need to take legal action if your employer doesn’t appropriately compensate you.
- Loss of consortium: if you’re married and the truck accident leaves you unable to care for your spouse and household, then your spouse could receive a monetary settlement to help while you’re recovering from injuries and pain and suffering.
The Chiozza Law Firm will help you find out what factors led to your trucking accident, gather evidence, and pursue reimbursement for psychological, physical and emotional damages.
Contact The Chiozza Law Firm at 901-526-9494 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced trucking accident attorney.
Contact an Attorney Today