• Watch our video
  • 901.526.9494
  • Text Us
  • Search

Warrant Recalls

If you have missed court due to illness, family emergencies or just plain confusion as to when you were due in court then you are probably aware that a warrant was issued for your arrest.  There are ways to take care of an outstanding warrant without being taken into custody.  You can follow this link to The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office to check outstanding warrants:


First, and most importantly, once a warrant is issued get to court as soon as possible to resolve the situation.  The longer you wait to address a judge regarding the outstanding warrant the more likely it is that the warrant will not be recalled and you will be taken into custody.  In most misdemeanor cases, assuming you have hired an attorney and have a legitimate excuse for missing court, and the warrant has not been outstanding for too long, then most judges will recall the warrant.

Again, the above situation relates to Misdemeanor cases in General Sessions Court.  If you have missed your date in Criminal Court than you are likely to have your bond revoked and taken into custody until a hearing date to determine your eligibility for release.

If you or a friend has an outstanding warrant call the criminal defense attorney’s at The Chiozza Law Firm at 901-526-9494 to discuss your options, we will be more than happy to discuss your matter in a confidential manner.

Text Us

Please answer the simple math question below to submit the form.
2 + 2 =